Transfer of Credit Policies
Transferring Credits to Other Institutions
Triangle Tech measures its programs on a credit hour basis. A credit hour is a unit of measure, not necessarily an indicator of transferability of credit. The receiving institution, rather than the training institution, decides whether to accept credits for transfer. However, this school does not guarantee transferability of credits to any other college, university or institution, and it should therefore not be assumed that any courses or programs described in this catalog can be transferred to another institution. Any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credits and whether they should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
Triangle Tech has written Credit Transfer Agreements with the following Colleges and Universities:
- Slippery Rock University
- Point Park College
- Seton Hill College
- Edinboro University
- Clarion University: Venango Campus
- California University of Pennsylvania
Case-by-Case Credit Transfer
Administrators at the following schools will decide what specific course work will be transferable toward a Bachelor's Degree on a case-by-case basis.
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Transferring Credits to Triangle Tech
Courses taken at other accredited post-secondary institutions will be accepted in transfer provided that these courses are comparable in scope and content to Triangle Tech's coursework and are applicable to the degree program offered at Triangle Tech. A student wishing to transfer courses to Triangle Tech from another post-secondary institution must follow these steps:
- Complete all Triangle Tech's admissions procedures and entrance requirements.
- Provide your official transcript, from the previously attended institution, to Triangle Tech's Admissions Office. Triangle Tech also will request a high school transcript.
- Provide course descriptions or a school catalog from the other institution to Triangle Tech's Admissions Office for use in evaluating courses completed at another institution.
The criteria and process for evaluating and accepting credit from another institution is as follows:
- The school Director will review the transcript and course description to determine if the competencies achieved by the student reasonably align with the coursework and the program into which credit is being transferred. Only course work less than 10 years old will be considered for credit transfer. Course work older than 10 years may not qualify to be evaluated for credit transfer.
- Courses to be considered for transfer must have a grade of 'C' (2.0) or better. If transcripts do not indicate a 'C' (2.0) or better, the student may apply for course credit through Triangle Tech's Advanced Standing placement exam for the course.
- First term students must apply for and be approved for credit transfer prior to their start date. Second, third, and fourth term students may apply for credit transfer thirty (30) calendar days prior to the start date of the next term. Credit transfer approval must be complete prior to students leaving for term break.
- Course work cannot be transferred after a term has started.
- All transfer credit will appear on the student's transcript after the student successfully completes the semester of academic work at Triangle Tech for which the credit transfer has been applied. Transfer credit will appear on the transcript with credit value only, represented as “CR”, no grades will be issued and “CR” carries no numerical value in accumulative grade point average (GPA) calculation.
- A maximum of 36 transfer credits may be applied toward an Associate in Specialized Technology Degree.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Career Readiness SurveyThe fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style, plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.