State grant programs available to our students who qualify:
PA State Grants
The PA state grant program provides grants to eligible Pennsylvania residents who are in need of financial aid to attend a post-secondary institution in an approved program of study as undergraduate students.
For more information on the PA State Grant Program go to www.pheaa.org.
Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program
The Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program provides a waiver for tuition and mandatory fees charged by most postsecondary institutions located in the Commonwealth for youth who are or were in foster care.
Any student who checks box 53 on the FAFSA or self-identifies as falling under the following category
- you were in foster care
- you are a homeless youth who has been involved with CYS/CPS
This waiver applies only to charges that remain after all other gift aid (federal, state, and other scholarships or grants) have been applied to the student’s account.
To be considered for a Fostering Independence Tuition Education Waiver, you must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Be under the age of 26
- Have received a high school diploma or equivalent approved credential
- Be eligible for services under Pennsylvania's John H. Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood
- Be identified as a youth in foster care or a youth discharged or adopted from foster care at age 16
- Exited foster care on or after age 16 to adoption or permanent legal custodianship
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate, at least half time in a postsecondary institution that is approved by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IV student assistance programs
- Demonstrate financial need for the PA Chafee Education and Training Grant (as determined by the postsecondary institution)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (as determined by the postsecondary institution)
- Not be in default on a federal student loan
- File a 2020-21 FAFSA® Federal Application for Federal Student Aid
Triangle Tech Point of Contact for the Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program:
Cathy Waxter – Executive Director of Financial Aid
Veterans Education Benefits
Triangle Tech is approved for Montgomery GI Bill® Veterans Education Benefits and Post 9/11. Veterans Education Benefits are approved on a program of study by location basis. Triangle Tech is also approved for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. Simply pick the “choose a school” link, enter Triangle Tech, and click on the PA section of the US map at the bottom of the webpage.
VA Dependent Educational Assistance Program
The VA Dependent's Educational Assistance program provides benefits to students who have a parent who has a permanent disability or has died as a result of service in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The Vocational Rehabilitation program provides financial aid and support services to students with hearing, sight, and other disabilities.