Back to Home Page
Triangle Tech

Frequently Asked Questions


What are the admissions requirements?

A student must be a high school graduate or possess a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).

Is Triangle Tech accredited?

Yes, Triangle Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.

Can I get credit for courses that I've already taken?

Yes. A student transferring from another school, college or university may be admitted upon presentation of an official transcript of credits showing an honorable dismissal. The advanced placement received will be only for subjects pertaining to the chosen curriculum at Triangle Tech.

Can I "test out" of a class?

Yes. A student graduating from high school, may be awarded advanced standing only after he or she has made application to the Assistant Director who will administer the advanced standing tests and evaluate the results. A student who successfully completes the exam with the required scores will be given advanced standing at the discretion of the Assistant Director and an evaluation committee composed of faculty members from the particular discipline.

Does Triangle Tech have housing or dormitories?

Triangle Tech does not have dormitories, but as a service to assist students in locating suitable housing, we do maintain a list of available housing in close proximity to the school. However, we cannot assume responsibility for your personal housing choices.

May I have more information sent to my son, daughter, spouse or friend about the programs offered at Triangle Tech?

Yes. Click here for more information.


How long is the degree program?

You can earn a two-year Associate in Specialized Technology Degree (AST) in just 16 months, 8 months sooner than at most schools.

How long is the diploma program?

You can earn a diploma in Industrial and Structural Welding in 8 months that can be stacked into the Welding and Fabrication Technology  AST degree.

Is Triangle Tech's AST a recognized degree?

Yes. Triangle Tech's AST degree is approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and is authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.

Is Triangle Tech's Diploma recognized?

Yes. Triangle Tech's diploma is approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and is authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.

Is tutoring available?

Yes. The school offers free tutorial assistance to all students whose academic progress has fallen below acceptable standards. This help is provided before or after normal school hours both by faculty members and / or peer tutors.

Will my Triangle Tech credits transfer to other schools?

Click here for more information.

Will I get my own tools?

Yes. Every student is issued a set of personal, professional quality tools as part of the book and tool list for each program.

Do I need a home computer to complete assignments?

No, a home computer is not a requirement. Triangle Tech's labs are fully equipped and are available for completing assignments.

Career Advising

How long does the career advising department assist me after I have graduated?

Once you have graduated, Triangle Tech's Career Advising service is available to you anytime you need it, as often as you need it. Click here for more information.

Who are some of your largest employers?

Widely respected businesses, whose names you'll recognize, repeatedly call on Triangle Tech to hire our graduates. Click here for more information.

Financial Aid

Is financial aid available?

Triangle Tech participates in several types of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs, most of which are based on financial need. The following is a description of the financial aid programs available for those who qualify: Federal Pell Grant; SEOG; Federal Stafford Loans (GSL); Plus and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans; and PA State Grant. In addition, Triangle Tech offers its student an interest free Installment Payment Plan (IPP). Click here for more information.

Who should apply for financial aid?

Everyone should apply for financial aid. Do not assume that you will not qualify for some kind of aid.

Are there deadlines to applying for grants and loans?

There is a deadline to file for the PA State Grant. May 1 of each year is the deadline for previous students and August 1 of each year is the deadline for new students. Also, PELL grant applications must be filed by June 30 of the current academic year for the enrollment period of July 1 to June 30. However, student loans do not have specific filing deadlines.

I'm planning on transferring from another school and I've already applied there. Will my financial aid come with me?

Yes, your Triangle Tech Financial Aid Advisor will help you to submit changes to your Student Aid Report and your State Grant record, which will enable you to receive your aid at Triangle Tech as long as you have remaining eligibility during the current financial aid year.

Does Triangle Tech accept credit cards?

Triangle Tech accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express for payment on any obligation owed to Triangle Tech.